The Team “Theyyakazhchakal”
“Theyyakazhchakal” Whatsapp Group created and promoted by travelkannur.com in the beginning, now an independent team with more than 900 members in 4 Whatsapp groups. The group members mainly Theyyam lovers also includes more than 100 professional & amateur Photographers, Theyyam community members, Theyyam researchers and research students, news reporters, tourism and travel website owners.
This team had collected more than 400 Theyyam photos from group members and exhibited those photos at many places.
The first exhibition was held at Cheemeni Mundya Vishmurthy Kavu in the year 2015 and the same was got wide media and public coverage, around 40,000 people seen that exhibition. K K Marar inaugurated the exhibition.
Other major exhibitions,
- Madai Arts & Science College during Theyyam Photography Contest Prize Distribution – Exhibition held with support of History Department on Mari Theyyam day – August 2016
- Payyannur Annur Vellarangara Bhagavathy Kavu exhibition held during Grand Festival (Perumkaliyattam) from Dec30, 2016 to Jan 2, 2017.
- Karivellur Muchilot Bhagavathy Kavu exhibition held during Grand Festival (Perumkaliyattam) from Jan 7, to Jan 12 2017
- Kerala State School Festival at Kannur, exhibition held as per the invitation from Festival co-ordination committee –from Jan 16 to 22, 2017
- Elambilad Kunnoth Sree Bhagavathy Kshetram. Exhibition held during Theyyam Festival from Jan 28-30, 2017
- Vadakara, Eramala Moorool Kshetram. Exhibition held during Theyyam Festival from 28 Feb to 01 Mar, 2017 in association with Youth Kala Kayika Samithi.
- Vadakara Sree Manikkampoyyil Bhagavathy Temple. Exhibition held during Theyyam festival from Mar 22-24, 2017
- Cherukunnu Annapoorneswari Temple -Exhibition held during annual Grand Festival (Vishu Vilakk Mahosalvam) – Exhibition from April 14- 18
- Kanhangad Nehru Arts & Science College, conducted as a part of NCC national integration program – on Jun 13, 2017. End of Theyyam Season.
- Payyanur Shakaracharya Sanskrit College – Exhibition from Oct 6 to 10, 2017.
Exhibitions at United Arab Emirates
Our team has successfully conducted two Theyyam photo exhibition in UAE during Muthappan Theyyam Festival held in Sharjah & Ajman.
- Sharjah Expo Centre together Muthappan Theyyam Festival held in 2016
- Ajman Indian Association hall during Muthappan Theyyam Festival – Sep 22, 2017.
Financial aid to Sumesh Peruvannan: Upon hearing the news about tragic accident happened to Sumesh Peruvannam during Bappooran Theyyam performance, “theyyakazhchakal” team came forward whole heartedly to support him. We had collected Rs 3,40,000 to support Sumesh Peruvannan and an initial contribution of Rs 1,00,000 handed over to hospital within 2 days of accident. With remaining money, we had purchased an Auto Rickshaw, which will help to get an income source later. A function was organized to hand over the Auto Rickshaw to Sumesh Peruvannan in the month of Jun 2017. Sreemathi Teacher, local Parliament Member handed over the key to Sumesh.
Renovation of Aryakkara Bhagavathy Kottam, Peringil, Kottila, Taliparamba
Currently our team has involved in the renovation of one abandoned Theyyam Kavu (Temple) called. Aryakkara Bhagavathy Kottam, Peringil, Kottila, Taliparamba. Our team has visited the Kavu location and understood that there were 10 different Theyyams performed in this Temple 45 years ago, but now this small, beautiful temple situated near Kuppam River is near collapse.
Our team has taken an estimate of renovation and has started collecting donation for renovating this Kavu in its original form. Fund collection inauguration was held on 8th October, 2017.
You can also be part of this, by contributing a small amount to temple committee bank account below. We will be updating construction status time to time here.
A/c Name : ARYAKKARA BHAGAVATHY KSHETRA COMMITTEE
A/c No. : 00000037076805200
Bank : State Bank of India, Branch : PAZHAYANGADI
IFSC Code : SBIN0018494
കൂടുതൽ വിവരങ്ങൾ ഈ ലിങ്കിൽ ഉണ്ട്
For booking related enquires, Please get in touch with us
Skype : travelkannur
Whatsapp & Mobile : 00919847090077, 00919744463737, 00919526805283, 00971507941159 (Dubai)
OUR SERVICES : Theyyam Tour, North Kerala Tour Packages, Things do in Kannur, House Boat Services, Kalari & Ayurvedic Contacts, Temple Tour, Cultural Tourism, Rent a car services, Book a Taxi,Airport pick and drop off, Sight Seeing Services, Homestay Services, Accommodation Booking, Ticket Booking assistance, Out Bound Tour Planning